Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter!!!

vq=3236>:83>8<5>WSNRCG=323246<2:7998vq0mrj.0.jpg">
Hola my friends! Happy Easter everyone. Things are going well here. Two days ago I was fully rested after a week of vacationing. My parents were here and got to see the school and the sites, and led some of my classes in field games. It was awesome. We also spent three days at the beach, not trying to rub anything in to those who still see occasional snow. However, two days ago I ran in a 12km race, and disposed of all relaxation that my body had accumulated. It was definitely brutal, midday, sweltering sun, large hills, and dominicans spraying you with water at every corner. Sorry this time I did not bring home the hardware. It is a popular race because there are cash prizes, so it brings in super athletic types from across the country. Needless to say my victory was in experience, free t-shirt, and arriving at the finish line.

It was a challenge this morning to realign my body to early mornings, but I made it to school, and I'm glad to be here. The students all had a great break and are super excited, because next week I will go with 6th and 7th to a beach where we will get to study the coral reef. It should be a fun week full of excitement. Oh, also 7th grade service class is putting on an Easter Egg Hunt for Kindergarten. It should be a lot of fun! Miss you all, Here's a pic of the family at one of the beautiful sites of Jarabacoa. Oh and by the way, last fall I rapelled down this waterfall. The dark streak down the rocks to the left of the waterfall. It was a crazy, wild and dangerous experience.
Love,
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home