Friday, February 17, 2006

Olympia!!!


Well, unfortunately the winter olympics aren't here in la Republica Dominicana do to the lack of cold. There's no "we are Jamaica we have a bobsled team - COOL RUNNINGS." However, yesterday was a historic day for Andrew Sivertsen. I wore a fleece the entire day! The temperature maybe reached a high in the upper 60s, and spent the rest of the day in the upper 50s/lower 60s. I think the sun cracked for 15 minutes in the afternoon. Hence the chilly weather. Not too many updates from el caribe. My new science room is a few steps closer to completion, and classes are still going well. We made pressure rockets the other day to describe Newton's laws of motion! They were pretty rad. On the sadder side of things, my pet chicken who ended up growing into a fine looking rooster was murdered the other day by another rooster, and no I was not training him for gallistico aka cock fighting. We have another work team coming this weekend, so we are expecting big things to happen. In service class, I will go with 6th and 7th grade next week to help paint classrooms at a public school called Bario Blanco. The kids are always excited to serve. I was leading worship today for several classes during devotions today, and remembered how blessed I am and excited to be here whether rain or shine.
Love y'all,
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home